‘Tesla tourism’ bill for factory pickups faces strong opposition in California

• Greetings! Model 3 Owners Club is expanding! Our new name is Tesla Global Owners Club. Content remains unaffected, just a new logo, name and new domain. You'll just have to login to your existing account and carry on as before. Thank-you for your continued support! Read more here

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
‘Tesla tourism’ bill for factory pickups faces strong opposition in California

This seems like such a "no-brainer". It blows my mind that there is strong opposition to this bill. They'd rather keep the revenue from the 2-3 rich people who pick up there cars in California, than take a chance on developing a new tourism industry that could end up drawing in "less rich" people to pick up their Model 3s.

TrevP

TGOC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Politics is a funny business. Logic rarely plays any role in decisions, it's mostly who can grease the wheels with money and back scratching.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sounds like the quoted Senetor is out of touch if she thinks there is not a single owner in her district. I am positive there are Tesla owners in her tiny district that includes Ontario, Chino, San Bernardino, Pomona and the Rancho Cucamonga Supercarger sits right on the district line at I-15 and 210.

Economically, it may not be Beverly Hills, but it's not Compton either.

Last edited:

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Actually, @MelindaV it seems to be some curious gerrymandering for that district.

I actually grew up in that district and would be hard pressed to find someone in an S, X, or Roadster there.

I have family that still lives in situ and am planning on asking for their support.

There is a big "Auto Center" that does not have any Tesla representation in it at that location that could probably where the resistance is coming from.

Now, a service center in Ontario might help a long way for Senator Leyva.